Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

When the homeowners are away....

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The friends will play! So this happened in December, but I thought some of our "John Deere" friends would like to see what ended up on our mailbox. As some of you know, we drive RED tractors. This goes to show what people will do to get a green machine on our farm. Our friends Matt Wulf and Tom Evans went above and beyond with their painting and welding talents to decorate our mailbox. For those of you who need help making out the words, they added "Fishback Custom Farming-Go Green"
As you can tell--FLASHBACK! Here's Nathan and I in Des Moines at the Iowa Farm Bureau Annual Meeting. This is our third year serving on the Iowa Farm Bureau Young Farmer Advisory Committee, we'll step down from the appointed position in July. With myself serving as Secretary this year, I had the honor of providing invocation to the Young Farmer Luncheon in front of 400+ people. I don't mind talking in small groups, but large presentations and I don't get along very well:( Atleast I didn't pass out!

Here's Justin Dammann our Chair, far left, and IFB President Craig Lang, far right, presenting the Young Farmer Achievement Award to Brent and LuAnn Johnson and their daughter Kaeli. They served with us on the IFBYFAC Board our first year. Congrats guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment