Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

Fishback's Food Frenzie Friday...Chocolate Pecan Bars

Friday, September 18, 2009

CHUNKY CHOCOLATE PECAN BARS


Okay, so this is new to me... Fishback's Food Frenzie Friday! I love cooking and baking, and people are always looking for something new to try (including myself) so I thought I'd start a new blog post every Friday. I love Taste of Home magazine's....here's a new delicious recipe for you to try out of their Fall Baking Edition.

RECIPE:

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
FILLING:
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Directions: In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.


ENJOY!
I was taking the pictures of my new dessert, and Tessa REALLY wanted a bar, so I didn't stop her:)


1 comment: