Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

Never Forget....

Friday, September 11, 2009

I couldn't resist taking this picture this morning in the fog. 9-11-01 Is a day I will never forget where I was, or what I was doing. I was going to work late that morning, laying in bed, pregnant with Madison watching Good Morning America (I'm not a morning girl...as you can tell). And I watched the towers fall. It was something I couldn't believe what was really happening....and had no grasp of how many lives were about to change that day. My hearts STILL go out tho the thousands of families who ache for someone they lost in those horrible acts.

One other thing I'll never forget was when they shut down the air flights for everything...and that afternoon Air Force One flew over our farm. I know I stopped dead in my tracks because the skies were silent....and I heard the fighter jets fly over.

Be thankful for our freedom. For the people who serve for us, and sacrifice so much. Thank YOU for letting me choose what I, my husband, and my kids get to do with our daily lives. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment