Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

Winter Wonderland.....

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snow, snow, fog, ICE, more snow, snow, snow again...... late starts ad no school days have pretty much summed up the winter of 2009-2010. So when life gives you lemons....make lemonade! My therapy to cabin fever was looking at the ice-coated scenery with my favorite hobby-my camera:) And as much as people look forward to the beautiful flakes that fall from the sky....unfortunatly the beauty fades by two months, wishing for our balmy perfect 72 degress of paradise us Iowan's live in.....RIGHT?! Little do we remember, it only lasts maybe 3-4 days anymore, and we're all cranking on our AC for the 102 heat index.....

One of our family barns

Ice on my grandpa's gate

The creek at the end of our lane
Oh, and since Christmas is my FAV, FAV, FAVORITE holiday....our stockings hung on the mantel with care:)

I have plenty more...maybe I'll share some later...possibly when its 98 degrees in August, our AC's haven't had a break for 2 months, and we all can't wait for a cool down:)



1 comment: