Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

Food Frenzie: Colossal Alaska Cookies

Sunday, February 5, 2012

COLOSSAL ALASKA COOKIE



Madison got her 1st cookbook from my parents for Christmas. I LOVE reading recipes and have good intentions of baking and cooking.....but I don't....I'm sure my waitline is appreciating my laziness. I tried a great recipe out of the Gooseberry Patch Best Ever Cookies . Its under the "Light and Healthy" Cookie section....but don't tell Nathan I made "diet cookies." The farmer gets mad when I buy the 'Unsalted' butter...you know....Diet Butter? He doesn't believe in diets. Check back in ten years when his metabolism is nilche! Anyways..... it is a very good recipe...and flourless! I added pecans and sunflowers that I had in the cupboard, and they were YUMMY!


Colossal Alaska Cookies.....pg 191
1 1/2 c. sugar


1 1/2c. brown sugar, packed


4 eggs, beaten


1/2 c. margarine, softened (I used salted butter)


6 c. long cooking oats, uncooked


18 oz. jar creamy peanut butter


2 1/2 t. baking soda


6 oz. pkg semi sweet chocolate chips


6 oz. pkg peanut butter chips


*I also added pecans and sunflower seeds


Mix together sugars, butter and eggs in a very large bowl; beat well. Add oats, peanut butter and baking soda; mix well. Fold in remaining ingrediants. Place by 1/4 cupfuls 4 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets; press flat with your hand. (I was able to fit 6 to a cookie sheet) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (My cookies turned out best at 12 min in Iowa) Let cool for 3 min on cookie sheets, transfer to a wire rack to cool completly. Makes about 8 doz. (I think I messed up somewhere because I only got about 2 dozen:) But they were great!


1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    Tummy rumbling. I can't wait to try this recipe. Sounds amazing!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete