Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

Food Frenzy: Crispy Pretzel Bars

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So this recipe has been in my recipe box for quite awhile, and my kids have been loving scootcheroos lately.....Madison has been making them.....and we all lovee eating them:)  When I was looking for something different, I thought I'd give it a try.  These bars are simple, they have the perfect mix of sweet, salty, AND chocolate (without needing to make an additional 'frosting')!  They make a PERFECT after school snack as well.  I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine.


Crispy Pretzel Bars
1 cup sugar

1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
5 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups pretzel sticks
1 cup plain M&M's

Directions
In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Add the cereal, pretzels and M&M's; stir until coated. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cut into bars. Yield: about 5 dozen.

*I cooked sugar and karo on stove top, and I also slightly crushed the pretzels



No comments:

Post a Comment