Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

Appreciating Agriculture

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

 Not only do some of us bloggers out there love sharing what we do, we truely appreciate agriculture in different "lights" and avenues.  In a fast paced technology world we have had the awesome oppertunity to meet individuals we wouldn't probably meet in our everyday lives.....distance being the major factor.  The Web, Blogging, Facebooking and Twitter have been a great way to talk to people with the same interests, and share stories about how everyone is engaged in agriculture.

Miss Judi gave me this idea....and what a better way to show appreciation for those who inspire us?

When I grow up....I wanna be like Michele!  Ha!  For my family and friends who know me....sweating bullets and imagining the audience in their underwear was the only way I could get thru my talks to groups....its getting better:)  But Michele is a WONDERFUL Agvocate, she shares her stories, views and is a wonderful encouraging person to help farmers "Tell Their Story."  Be sure to add her blog Cause Matters to your weekly list! 

Pictures, pictures, PICTURES!  What makes a picture a photograph?  How do you strike the emotion to capture an audience?  Through my adventures with Iowa Farm Bureau, I've had the great experience in working with Joe Murphy.  When our paths cross, thats the one....well, second (besides agriculture) simularity we both have.  He's taught me a couple of tricks!  And I look forward to seeing his new pictures Joe posts to his Flickr account and on facebook.  For a metropolitin guy, he does an AMAZING JOB at capturing farmers in a way they wouldn't dream of being glamerous and so "In the Moment." 

Share the love for Agriculture!  Be sure to follow Joe and Michele....I hope to add some more friends you should be watching:)  Happy Ag Week, Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Joe and MPK are class acts!! And so are you! Great post, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel! Keep up the great work with your blog and your stunning images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eveгy tіme еmailеԁ this webpage
    post page to all my assοciates, bеcаuse if like to rеad it aftеrward my friends will too.


    Feel free to visіt mу web site ... http://www.inlabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete