Welcome to Fishback Family Farms! I'm Rachel Fishback, a farm wife and mother of four by day...Capturing the art and chaos to our everyday farming life! We live in Southeast Iowa where we raise corn and soybeans.

4H Bacon.....

Friday, April 27, 2012

 Craziness is always happening at the Fishback Ranch....and the past month has been no exception!

4H Bacon? Well, in a few short months thats what these fabulous animals will be:) Madison's first year in taking care of 4H Livestock......Meet Farley and Roxy. Madison gets up early and chores, then off to get ready for school. Quite impressed at a fourth grader who's not complaining.
See the fabulous heavy duty panels? They are from my new place of employment-Premier 1 Supplies in rural Washington. Some of you might have heard of the farm supply company-they ship world-wide, specializing in fencing- especially electric fence systems, as well as equipment-customized animal tags, shearing and clipping supplies. I have taken the Commercial Photographer position....and I'm LOVING IT! I photograph livestock, fences, and products for their catalogs. Wonderful, friendly co-workers. To say the least, I've been on cloud nine for the past five weeks:) Be sure to join their facebook page, and watch for my upcoming work. Some photographs have been gracing their recent ads, as well as blog and facebook posts.

I've been learning so much about the care of livestock, especially lambs....since I'm the photographer, I don't get to be in front of the camera very much-well, at all.....but check out this cute little guy!

Happy Spring everyone!

15 comments:

  1. hi rachel! i just found your blog on the iowa bloggers website. glad to find you! i've recently started my own blogging experience at www.thegood2012.blogspot.com (the goal of my blog is to look for the good...in people, in life, in our community). hope you check us out! and be sure to tell your friends to follow us by email, because we will be having some extra-special giveaways in the upcoming months! ps...so glad to find fellow iowans in the blogging world! we live in the quad cities, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog ! Thank you for your very nice articles. If you want to learn more about modern farming then visit my farming blog. I look forward to visiting your site in the future!
    Thanks!!!!!!!
    Methods of Modern Farming

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts,
    which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects.

    ReplyDelete


  5. Wow Jeni the collection is beautiful! Stunning colours. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Congrats, again. I can't wait to get some when it's available.

    ReplyDelete


  7. Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts,
    which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects.
    Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete


  8. organic grocery
    Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. plasterer croydon
    It's a good idea, one that countless other people have no doubt had, but not been able to implement due to RENT CONCERNS. The concept does have some problems though related to properly rendering the different content for example now I get to lose my font and my color of my document, I guess maybe that is fine but who decided theirs was better, just for the common man?

    ReplyDelete
  11. BMW ICOM Diagnose
    Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best anti aging product ever is Elatte ! Backed by real science and people are getting crazy amazing results!

    ReplyDelete

  13. plasterer sutton

    Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!

    ReplyDelete

  14. plasterer sutton
    I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.RPS Plastering Service base in Sutton with works carried out with in the M25 and surrounding areas.

    ReplyDelete

  15. plasterer sutton
    Hi – It’s good to read such interesting stuff on the Internet as I have been able to discover here. I agree with much of what is written here and I’ll be coming back to this website again. Thanks again for posting such great reading material!!RPS Plastering Service base in Sutton with works carried out with in the M25 and surrounding areas

    ReplyDelete